$330 million sitewide construction management program implemented to simultaneously manage concurrent and sequential projects at this suburban campus. Skanska completed numerous complex projects involving research, chemical, pharmaceutical and high-tech laboratory and processing facilities working with the client as an integrated team. Individual projects included:
- Building S-6 Clinical Manufacturing (includes Pharmadule, prefabricated modules) - $180 million, 242,000-SF facility involving partial demolition of existing building, new 96,000-SF, three-story operational support building, new two-story, 40,000-SF process building consisting of 80 prefabricated modules assembled onsite and renovation of a 90,000-SF existing building. Existing building was converted from warehouse to multi-use facility including packaging, weighing and dispensing, stability, MER, warehouse and loading dock areas.
- Building S-7 R&D Building Renovations - $50 million, 70,000-SF office/laboratory renovations, MEP and new formulation suites. Included renovation of 65,000-SF of multiple modules of laboratory and vivarium space, existing laboratory space reconfiguration, demolition and fit-out.
- Parking Garage/Infrastructure - $34 million, 1,350-vehicle, new five-level precast structure. Project required substantial remediation, demolition and site utilities relocations prior to foundations.
- Office Construction projects - $39 million interior renovations and mechanical upgrades in eight buildings to allow relocation of personnel from various local sites. Work ranged from complete gut and rebuild to replacement/upgrade of finishes only.
- S-11 Cafeteria/Fitness Center - $27 million, 100,000-SF conversion and fit-out of existing vivarium, laboratory, office and utility space into a 40,000-SF cafeteria with seating for 900, full service kitchen, servery and construction of a 10,000-SF fitness center.